- “Attending birthday parties of children whose families we don’t know well. It isn’t personal. In fact, that’s the point: it isn’t personal.
- Making sure my house is perfect before people come over. If you think my house is too messy/small/poorly decorated, there is the door. Don’t let it hit ya where God split ya.
- Caring what others think about the educational decisions I make for my kids.
- Caring what others think about our schedule in general.
- Highly organized soccer three year olds (WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP DOING THIS?)…
- Putting myself last.
- Going to events or functions that have no major relevance to my life and/or are not enjoyable.
- Being overly serious
- Trying to keep “work” hours, “family” hours, “friend” hours, and “husband” hours.”
Article: Things I have let go in my parenting and family life, Meghan Leahy: Parent Coach
Image credit to picfont.com